Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
It can be overwhelming to think about a whole piece makeover – especially a larger piece of furniture! Have an imposing oak bureau or a large kitchen table – with 2 extra leaves! – that just seems to large to tackle? Here are 5 quick, easy and inexpensive ways to update that piece of furniture, instead of the whole project.
Here are our top 5 inexpensive ways to update furniture pieces.
- Paint only the legs. Chairs and tables can be transformed simply by painting the legs. It’s a quick way to update and can really accentuate the top portion!
- Conversely, you can paint ONLY the top. Painting the top of a table, desk, dresser, or chest will completely transform it.
- Paint the drawers. Drawers on a dresser, desk, or cabinet can be painted to make it pop.
- Paint the details. Add paint to the details of a piece to make it eye catching.
- Finally – look for a quick new hardware solution for your piece. A quick swap-out of new handles will give your project a fresh look!
It is easy to apply and the update will last for years to come.