DIY Pottery Barn Look With MudPaint
MudPaint has a smooth buttery finish which is perfect for achieving a pottery barn look. Here’s how:
- Some surfaces may require sanding. e.g. rough surfaces, loose or peeling finishes, and oily surfaces.
- Be sure surface is free of dust.
- Clean with wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- MudPaint does not require a primer on most surfaces. If a smooth or slick surface, a primer is recommended. Also, a primer is recommended to prevent certain types of wood and water stains from bleeding through paint.
- Apply with a brush, working in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat. If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats.
- Allow to dry completely before distressing.
- Sand edges to distress.
- Finish with our clear coat for high traffic areas. For low traffic areas, finish with our clear or dark wax.
When mixing custom paint colors, practice in a small container first to see the effect. Don’t forget to stir the mixture well.