As furniture paint trends in 2020 are shapes, we get so many questions about how to paint geometric shapes. All geometric shapes, from painted triangles, angled sides, and hexagons can easily transform a piece from simply standard to eye-catching. All you need to add a shape to a piece is a cohesive color palette (2 or more colors) and painter’s tape to create the lines. We recommend a good batch of frog tape — probably our favorite, sturdiest and stoutest painters tape we have found. We have painted so many pieces with MudPaint and trust frog tape above all others are you paint geometric shapes.
MudPaint is a perfect paint to paint shapes and is easy to apply to ALL types of paint projects – but especially as you paint shapes. Due to it’s adhesion, coverage and durability, it’s the ideal paint to transform your old, tired furniture piece and give it a facelift heading into summer, 2020! It is thicker and sturdier than other paints, won’t run and won’t peel or flake off.
Why not take this time at home, during our quarantined days, to add a bit of pop to your tired piece of furniture and paint shapes. Just follow the easy, straight forward steps below, take some careful attention with your application of the tape, and you should be all set.
- Prep your piece following these steps.
- Using a brush apply one coat of your favorite MudPaint color.
- Once dry, apply a second coat if needed. Most pieces will only need one coat with MudPaint’s even coverage.
- If a second coat is needed, allow the paint to dry.
- Next apply painter’s tape to mark out your pattern. You may want to draw it on paper first. Use a tape measure to apply the painter’s tape straight and to center if needed.
- Using a brush paint your pattern with your second (or any additional) color(s) of MudPaint.
- Allow to dry.
- When the paint is dry, carefully peel of the the painter’s tape. Use a small brush to fix any overlap or bleeding of colors.
- Allow to dry.