Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
This bedroom set makeover is beautiful! So often folks paint where they spend time with their tables, kitchen cabinets, desks, dressers and forget about the beds and cribs and bassinets! But just look at what our customer did with a little MudPaint Vintage Furniture Paint…and in a color of China White that is amazing. The attention to detail, the distressing and the perfect ageing and distressing is just remarkable!
When looking to update a bedroom, think of how you can put a person at ease in the space. What are enjoyable colors? What colors set the mood for rest and relaxation? A bedroom is a space that you are in for a considerable amount of time. How can you make it unique?
If you think about it, you probably spend more time in your bedroom than any other room in your house. When in your bedroom, you are trying to sleep. Depending on who you ask, you need x amount of hours a day to function at your optimal level.
Do you have a bedroom set that needs to be updated? If so, use China White to get this look. MudPaint’s clay-based formula is easy to use and the coverage is exceptional. MudPaint is eco-friendly, LEED-compliant and it’s unique, clay-based formula with natural earthen materials requires little prep work and no waxing for a smooth coat. It’s a paint that anyone can use. Don’t be afraid of painting a bedroom set. With MudPaint you can get this look!
Painting bedroom sets with MudPaint is easy to do because of the amazing coverage. Follow these steps:
- First, it’s important to always clean the surface well.
- A light sanding with our preferred sanding tool – the Rad Pad Adhesive Sanding Pad – is recommended. If you are painting over peeling paint, scrape AND sand to smooth.
- If there are holes, fill them with wood filler and then sand smooth.
- A primer is not needed on most surfaces. However, if a smooth or slick surface, painting a lighter color, painting over a stain or wood with red undertones, or if painting a wood that is known to bleed, a primer is recommended. MudPaint is compatible with water based primers, cover stain and KILZ.
- Be sure surface is free of dust.
- Clean with wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using MudPaint, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- Apply China White with a MudPaint brush, working in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- For a more distressed, aged and weathered look, paint any which way.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat as our coverage and adhesion is quite remarkable!
- If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats. This is a great way to remove any brush marks that may appear.
- Allow to dry completely before sanding if distressing.
- Finally, as headboards and bedroom sets are used frequently, we recommend a good application or two of our Matte Finish Clear Coat. Or, if looking for a higher sheen with a touch more gloss, a coat of our Finishing Wax applied with our Wax Brush is a great option. (And click here for tips on how to clean your wax brush after use — they can last for years if cleaned well!)