This bedroom set makeover by Style Class with Rose Jubb is beautiful! Look at what she did with a little MudPaint Vintage Furniture Paint and in color at that, it is amazing. Yes, I did say a little because with most pieces only once coat is needed of this amazing paint! MudPaint is eco-friendly, LEED-compliant and it’s unique, clay-based formula with natural earthen materials requires little prep work and no waxing for a smooth coat.
I love a painted bedroom set. Something about them makes me smile. Color is cheerful and in a bedroom a painted bedroom set in color sets the mood. Master room, kid’s room, and guest room bedroom sets, can all be painted in color! Depending on your style, you can go blue, pink, orange, etc…. Adding paint to a set brightens up a room, helps personalize a room, and creates a setting.
When looking to update a bedroom, think of how you can put a person at ease in the space. What are enjoyable colors? What colors set the mood for rest and relaxation? A bedroom is a space that you are in for a considerable amount of time. How can you make it unique?
If you think about it, you probably spend more time in your bedroom than any other room in your house. When in your bedroom, you are trying to sleep. Depending on who you ask, you need x amount of hours a day to function at your optimal level.
So what colors can you paint your furniture to help you relax and sleep? MudPaint’s Clay Paint color in Vintage Coral is definitely a color that is relaxing! I love this bedroom set makeover!
Do you have a bedroom set that needs to be updated? If so, use Vintage Coral to get this look. MudPaint’s clay-based formula is easy to use and the coverage is exceptional. It’s a paint that anyone can use. Don’t be afraid of painting a bedroom set. With MudPaint you can get this look!
Painting bedroom sets with MudPaint is easy to do because of the amazing coverage. Follow these steps:
- Clean the surface well.
- A light sanding is recommended. If you are painting over peeling paint, scrape and sand to smooth.
- If there are holes, fill them with wood filler and then sand smooth.
- A primer is not needed on most surfaces. However, if a smooth or slick surface, painting a lighter color, painting over a stain or wood with red undertones, or if painting a wood that is known to bleed, a primer is recommended. MudPaint is compatible with water based primers, cover stain and KILZ.
- Be sure surface is free of dust.
- Clean with wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using MudPaint, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- Apply Vintage Coral with a MudPaint brush, working in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- For a more distressed look, paint any which way.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat.
- If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats.
- Allow to dry completely before sanding if distressing.
- If desired, finish with a clear coat for high traffic areas. For low traffic areas, finish with wax.
* There are a number of reasons why paint will crack. Poor surface preparation, paint drying too fast, applying a second or third coat of paint before the previous coat dries completely, applying paint too thick, and over-spreading paint.