A painted bench in an entry area is a lovely addition to any home. For the kids, guests, pets, a bench is a useable decorative element to your space. Painting them doesn’t take long with MudPaint and it is easy to do.
Benches are tough, durable and get loads of use around our house, thats for sure!
Follow these steps:
- Clean the surface well.
- A light sanding is recommended. If you are painting over peeling paint, scrape and sand to smooth.
- If there are holes, fill them with wood filler and then sand smooth.
- A primer is not needed on most surfaces. However, if a smooth or slick surface, painting a lighter color, painting over a stain or wood with red undertones, or if painting a wood that is known to bleed, a primer is recommended. MudPaint is compatible with water based primers, cover stain and KILZ.
- Be sure the surface is free of dust.
- Clean with a wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using paint, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- Apply paint with a brush, working in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- For a more distressed look, paint any which way.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat.
- If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats.
- Allow to dry completely before sanding if distressing.
- To add a stencil, allow the paint to dry and then stencil with a lighter MudPaint color!