How to Paint a Coffee Table
Painting coffee tables with MudPaint is easy to do. Follow these steps:
- Clean the surface well.
- A light sanding is recommended. If you are painting over peeling paint, scrape and sand to smooth.
- If there are holes, fill them with wood filler and then sand smooth.
- A primer is not needed on most surfaces. However, if a smooth or slick surface, painting a lighter color, painting over a stain or wood with red undertones, or if painting a wood that is known to bleed, a primer is recommended. MudPaint is compatible with water based primers, cover stain and KILZ.
- Be sure surface is free of dust.
- Clean with wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using paint, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- Apply paint with a brush, working in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- For a more distressed look, paint any which way.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat.
- If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats.
- Allow to dry completely before sanding if distressing.
- Finish with a clear coat for high traffic areas. For low traffic areas, finish with wax.
* There are a number of reasons why paint will crack. Poor surface preparation, paint drying too fast, applying a second or third coat of paint before the previous coat dries completely, applying paint too thick, and over-spreading paint.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]