This gorgeous bassinet makeover in Manor White is fabulous! If you are looking to create a nursery or update one, getting ready for a baby is easy with MudPaint! This bassinet was done by Brooke at Nesting with Grace . Visit her webpage for more information on this beautiful makeover. To get this look, Brooke used Manor White. A bassinet or crib makeover with MudPaint is easy to do because of the amazing coverage! MudPaint is eco-friendly, LEED-compliant and it’s unique, clay-based formula with natural earthen materials requires little prep work and no waxing for a smooth coat.
In addition, just about every week at MudPaint we talk to concerned parents interested in keeping their babies free from all the chemicals out there. It is pretty incredible how many carcinogens are in paint these days! No crazy lead in our paints! Only all-natural dyes, pigments, clay and other earthen materials for your crib or bassinet!
Follow these step to get this look:
- Clean the surface well.
- A light sanding is recommended. If you are painting over peeling paint, scrape and sand to smooth.
- A primer is not needed on most surfaces. However, if a smooth or slick surface, painting a lighter color, painting over a stain or wood with red undertones, or if painting a wood that is known to bleed, a primer is recommended. MudPaint is compatible with water based primers, cover stain and KILZ.
- Be sure surface is free of dust.
- Clean with wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using MudPaint, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- Apply Manor White with a MudPaint brush.
- For a more distressed look, paint any which way.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat.
- If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats.
- Allow to dry completely before sanding if distressing.
- If desired, finish with a clear coat for high traffic areas. For low traffic areas, finish with wax.