Accent table makeovers are a quick and easy project that will change a room! This accent table was done by Allison at Designed Simple and it’s gorgeous. Visit her webpage for more information on this amazing transformation. To get this look, Allison used Faded Gray to compliment the gold. Painting accent tables with MudPaint is easy to do because of the amazing coverage. Follow these step to get this look:
- Clean the surface well.
- Lightly sand. If you are painting over peeling paint, scrape and sand to smooth.
- Fill any holes with wood filler and then sand smooth.
- A primer is not needed on most surfaces. However, if a smooth or slick surface, painting a lighter color, painting over a stain or wood with red undertones, or if painting a wood that is known to bleed, a primer is recommended. MudPaint is compatible with water based primers, cover stain and KILZ.
- Be sure surface is free of dust.
- Clean with wet rag and allow to dry completely.
- Before using MudPaint, shake can vigorously and stir thoroughly.
- Apply Faded Gray with a MudPaint brush, working in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- For a more distressed look, paint any which way.
- Most surfaces need only a single coat.
- If applying a second coat, allow to dry, and then lightly sand between coats.
- Allow to dry completely before sanding if distressing.
- If desired, finish with a clear coat for high traffic areas. For low traffic areas, finish with wax.
Using MudPaint to do an accent table makeover is quick, easy and SO many folks are doing it!